Boston Scientific Announces Scheduled Presentations at EHRA 2018 Congress
Mar 12, 2018
MARLBOROUGH, Mass., March 12, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Boston Scientific Corporation (NYSE: BSX) today announced key data presentations that will be featured at the annual congress of the European Heart Rhythm Association (EHRA) in Barcelona, Spain, on March 18-20.
Notably, there will be three late-breaking clinical trials which include the following:
- Outcomes from TRUE-HD, a large registry study examining the acute safety and efficacy of the RHYTHMIA™ Mapping System for the mapping and ablation of arrhythmias, including a cohort of patients who had unsuccessful ablation of atrial fibrillation using other techniques;
- Two-year data from the EWOLUTION registry, a prospective multicenter study of real-world outcomes with the WATCHMAN™ Left Atrial Appendage Closure (LAAC) Device;
- Real world data from the ALTITUDE study examining optimized implantable cardioverter defibrillator (ICD) programming in a large cohort of patients following publication of the MADIT-RIT trial.
"We are excited to present these data which attest to the breadth of our portfolio and enable electrophysiologists to address the full spectrum of arrhythmia treatment," said Dr. Kenneth Stein, senior vice president and chief medical officer, Rhythm Management and Global Health Policy, Boston Scientific. "We believe these data will help physicians make informed treatment decisions and showcase our efforts to provide them with therapies that deliver the highest quality care to their patients."
PRESENTATIONS OF INTEREST (listed chronologically)
Monday, 19 March
- Subcutaneous Implantable Defibrillator System (S-ICD): Comparison of quality of life of patients with an S-ICD and patients with a transvenous system 12 months post implant: a matched cohort study from the EFFORTLESS S-ICD Registry will be available for viewing from 08:30-18:00 in the Poster Area.
- Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy Defibrillator and Implantable Defibrillator: Establishment of the chronic safety, performance and effectiveness of the RELIANCE™ 4-FRONT passive and active fixation defibrillation leads will be available for viewing from 08:30-18:00 in the Poster Area.
Tuesday, 20 March
- RHYTHMIA Mapping System: Repeated ablation of atrial fibrillation with ultra-high density mapping: workflow and validation in clinical practice. Insights from the TRUE-HD study will be available for viewing from 08:30-15:30 in the Poster Area.
All late-breaking presentations will take place in the Furman Lecture Room:
- RHYTHMIA Mapping System: Results of the TRUE-HD Study - Safety and acute effectiveness of a new ultra-high density mapping system for ablation of arrhythmias: Gerhard Hindricks, M.D., will present at 11:00.
- WATCHMAN LAAC Device: Evaluating real-life clinical outcomes in atrial fibrillation patients receiving the WATCHMAN LAAC technology: Lucas V. A. Boersma, M.D., Ph.D, will present at 11:51.
- LATITUDE™ NXT Patient Management System: The ALTITUDE Study - Optimization of ICD programming in practice - Diffusion rate of clinical trial results and consensus recommendations measured in a large cohort of implantable cardioverter defibrillator patients: Niraj Varma, M.D., Ph.D, will present at 12:04.
All presentations are listed in Central European Time (CET) and will take place at EHRA 2018 Congress – Fira Gran Via – Hall 8, Barcelona.
For more information, visit Boston Scientific at booth #B100 or follow @BSC_EU_Heart.
About Boston Scientific
Boston Scientific transforms lives through innovative medical solutions that improve the health of patients around the world. As a global medical technology leader for more than 35 years, we advance science for life by providing a broad range of high performance solutions that address unmet patient needs and reduce the cost of healthcare. For more information, visit www.bostonscientific.com and connect on Twitter and Facebook.
Boston Scientific Europe
+44 (0)7585 403359
Susie Lisa, CFA
Boston Scientific Corporation
(508) 683-5565 (office)
SOURCE Boston Scientific Corporation