MARLBOROUGH, Mass., Oct. 23, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) today announced key data that will be presented at the 29th Transcatheter Cardiovascular Therapeutics (TCT), the annual scientific symposium of the Cardiovascular Research Foundation, in Denver, on October 29 - November 2.
WATCHMAN™ Left Atrial Appendage Closure (LAAC) Device data will be featured in a late-breaking clinical trial session on Thursday, November 2, and will highlight the five-year outcomes from PREVAIL, a randomized trial examining LACC vs. medical therapy in patients with non-valvular atrial fibrillation.
Other presentations of interest include five-year follow-up data from the Continued Access to PROTECT AF (CAP) Registry, which is related to long-term event rates for LACC with the WATCHMAN Device, and a sub-analysis from the PLATINUM Diversity study addressing predictors of increased risk for cardiac events following percutaneous coronary intervention in minority women.
"We look forward to continuing the important dialogue around the WATCHMAN LAAC Device as an alternative option to long-term warfarin therapy for patients with non-valvular atrial fibrillation who are seeking another treatment to reduce their risk of stroke," said Professor Ian Meredith, M.D., executive vice president and global chief medical officer, Boston Scientific. "Additionally, presentations around our drug-eluting innovations, structural heart technologies and our therapeutic options addressing chronic total occlusions will help provide clinicians with insights that can be applied to their practice of treating coronary and peripheral artery disease."
PRESENTATIONS OF INTEREST (listed chronologically)
Monday, October 30
- WATCHMAN LAAC Device: Budget Impact of Stroke Reduction Strategies in Atrial Fibrillation: Medicare and Patient Perspectives: Vivek Y. Reddy, M.D., will present at 10:30 a.m. in the Moderated Posters 8 area, Exhibit Hall, Exhibit Level.
- Promus PREMIER™ Drug-Eluting Coronary Stent System: Clinical, Social, and Behavioral Predictors of the Increased Risk of Cardiac Events After PCI in Minority Women: A Subanalysis of the PLATINUM Diversity Study: Scott Davis, M.D., will present at 10:30 a.m. in the Moderated Posters 1 area, Exhibit Hall, Exhibit Level.
- Lotus™ Aortic Valve System: Importance of Contrast Aortography with Lotus Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement – A Post Hoc Analysis from the RESPOND Post-market Study: Lennart van Gils, M.D., will present at 3:48 p.m. in the Moderated Posters 7 area, Exhibit Hall, Exhibit Level.
Tuesday, October 31
- ACURATE neo™ Aortic Valve System: Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement with the ACURATE NEO – One Year Results: Costanza Pellegrini, M.D., will present at 9:54 a.m. in the Moderated Posters 2 area, Exhibit Hall, Exhibit Level.
- Lotus Aortic Valve System: Four-Year Outcomes with the Fully Repositionable and Retrievable Lotus Transcatheter Aortic Valve: Results from the REPRISE II Study: David Hildick-Smith, M.D., will present at 10:30 a.m. in the Moderated Posters 7 area, Exhibit Hall, Exhibit Level.
- ELUVIA™ Drug-Eluting Vascular Stent System: Biomechanics and Drug Elution in Arterial Response to Peripheral Stents: A Comparative Study of 3 Contemporary Stents in Balloon-Predilated Femoral Arteries of Familial Hypercholesterolemic Swine: Greg Kaluza, M.D., will present at 12:15 p.m. in Room 503, Meeting Room Level.
- WATCHMAN LAAC Device: Five-Year Outcomes of Left Atrial Appendage Closure: Final Results of the Continued Access to PROTECT AF (CAP) Registry: David R. Holmes, Jr., M.D., will present at 1:15 p.m. in Room 504, Meeting Room Level.
Thursday, November 2
- WATCHMAN LAAC Device: PREVAIL: 5-Year Outcomes From a Randomized Trial of Left Atrial Appendage Closure vs Medical Therapy in Patients With Non-Valvular Atrial Fibrillation: Vivek Y. Reddy, M.D. will present at 9:30 a.m. during the Late Breaking Clinical Trial session in the Main Arena IV.
All presentations are listed in Mountain Daylight Time and will take place at the Colorado Convention Center. For more information, visit Boston Scientific at booth #2018.
The company will also host an investor event and webcast on Monday, October 30, from noon – 1 p.m. MDT to provide a business update and answer questions from investors about the Boston Scientific cardiovascular portfolio. The event will be accessible at www.bostonscientific.com/investors. A replay of the webcast will be accessible at www.bostonscientific.com/investors beginning approximately one hour following the completion of the event.
In the U.S., the Lotus Valve System, ACURATE neo and the Eluvia Stent System are investigational devices and are not available for sale.
About Boston Scientific
Boston Scientific transforms lives through innovative medical solutions that improve the health of patients around the world. As a global medical technology leader for more than 35 years, we advance science for life by providing a broad range of high performance solutions that address unmet patient needs and reduce the cost of healthcare. For more information, visit www.bostonscientific.com and connect on Twitter and Facebook.
Boston Scientific Corporation
(651) 582-5887 (office)
Susie Lisa, CFA
Boston Scientific Corporation
(508) 683-5565 (office)
SOURCE Boston Scientific