Supporting the nation’s democracy and our employees & stakeholders
This open letter was shared with Boston Scientific U.S. employees.
The violent attacks and protests that occurred at the U.S. Capitol and several states yesterday marked a dark and sad day for our country and served to threaten the foundation of the nation’s democracy. We are grateful that all Boston Scientific employees in the District of Columbia and other state capitols are reported to be safe.
We recognize that many of our employees are feeling unsettled in this divisive climate and we want to make sure you know the company’s position on the events that have transpired and reiterate our commitment to an inclusive and safe workplace.
- We believe in respecting the integrity of the democratic process, the election outcome and the peaceful transition of power.
- We denounce all violence and stand against the spread of misinformation.
- We know that division and distrust in our election system impedes our progress as a nation, and especially when so many are suffering in health and welfare due to the pandemic.
- We strive to set an example for civil, caring discourse aligned with our company values.
- We will continue to support an inclusive culture, stay grounded in our company values and the progress we can make together, and find unity in our mission to transform lives—focused on the important work that we are doing to advance science.
As a reminder, several resources are available to Boston Scientific employees to provide support during these challenging times, including counseling services via our Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Employee Resource Group programs, educational webinars and our WellBeing Site. We also encourage you to speak with your manager or a member of your leadership team.
Thank you for all you do for Boston Scientific as we manage through the pandemic and ongoing social unrest together. Your work matters. Our collective work matters, and we can influence brighter days ahead by ensuring the many patients and customers who need us have our continued support, backed by an inclusive, diverse and talented organization comprised of individuals who are there for one another.
Chief Executive Officer
Senior Vice President,