NATICK, Mass., Nov. 9 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Boston Scientific Corporation (NYSE: BSX) today announced its schedule of events at the 38th annual Global Congress for Minimally Invasive Gynecology (AAGL), which runs from November 15-19 in Orlando, Florida. Results from two clinical studies will be presented featuring the Company's Urology/Gynecology products, including pelvic floor reconstruction systems and mid-urethral sling systems used to treat pelvic floor vaginal wall prolapse and stress urinary incontinence (SUI), as well as an endometrial ablation system used to address menorrhagia.
Schedule of Key Presentations and Events (All times ET; all events held at the Gaylord Palms Resort.)
Tuesday, November 17
- Clinical Study: Synthetic Mid-Urethral Sling Placement. Scott Serels, M.D., will present results from a study titled "Cadaveric Assessment of Synthetic Mid-Urethral Sling Placement" during Plenary Session 5 (Urogynecology) at 2:26 p.m. in Osceola 1-3. The study is intended to visually assess placement of mid-urethral synthetic slings against the urethra at the end of a procedure regardless of the fact that they may be placed by different methods, anchored to different muscles and tensioned by different means.
- Video Session: Use of the Mid-Saggital Hemi-Pelvis. Dennis Miller, M.D., and Dobie Giles, M.D., will present a video titled "Use of the Mid-Saggital Hemi-Pelvis to Demonstrate Surgical Anatomy for Vaginal Surgery," which demonstrates a novel approach to teaching physicians about the pelvic anatomy. It will be featured during Video Session 1 (Education) at 11:09 a.m. in Osceola-D.
- Company Sponsored Symposium: The Company will sponsor a symposium titled "Advanced Training Using a Hemi-Pelvis Cadaver for Pelvic Reconstruction and Stress Urinary Incontinence Procedures" from 5:05 p.m. to 7:05 p.m. in Sun Ballroom-B.
Wednesday, November 18
- Clinical Study: Comparison of Outcomes in Vaginal Reconstructive Surgery. Gina Sternschuss, M.D., Cynthia D. Hall, M.D., and Sharon Jakus, M.D., will present results from a study titled "Vaginal Reconstructive Surgery Using Pinnacle Mesh Kit vs. Open Abdominal vs. Laparoscopic Sacrocolpopexy: Comparison of Outcomes" during Open Communications Session 8 (Urogynecology) at 12:05 p.m. in Ocseola-B. The study is intended to determine success rates of three different types of surgery for pelvic organ prolapse (abdominal sacrocolpopexy, laparoscopic sacrocolpopexy, and vaginal mesh procedure) in order to compare vaginal surgery using mesh to "gold standard" surgery for POP-sacrocolpopexy.
- Demonstration: da Vinci® Paravaginal Repair. Michael Douso, M.D., will demonstrate a da Vinci paravaginal repair with a Xenform® Soft Tissue Matrix Repair during Video Session 10 (Pelvic Floor Surgery) at 3:20 p.m. in Ocseola-D.
- Poster Session: Solyx Single Incision Sling System to Treat SUI. Scott Serels, M.D., Michael Douso, M.D., and Glori Short, M.D., will present a poster titled "Retrospective Review of Early Experience Using the Solyx™ Single Incision Sling System to Treat Stress Urinary Incontinence in Women - Intraoperative Experience," which retrospectively assesses surgical parameters and short-term safety of the Solyx Single Incision Sling System.
- Company Sponsored Breakfast: The Company will sponsor a breakfast symposium titled "Breakfast with the Endometrial Ablation Experts" from 6:00 a.m. to 7:30 a.m. in Osceola 1-3.
Boston Scientific's Urology/Gynecology business offers products for pelvic floor reconstruction, including the Pinnacle® Pelvic Floor Kit Devices and the Uphold™ Vaginal Support System, as well as a complete line of mid-urethral sling systems for the treatment of stress urinary incontinence, including the Obtryx® Transobturator Mid-Urethral Sling System and the recently launched Solyx™ Single Incision Sling System. The Company also offers the Hydro ThermAblator® System (HTA System) for the treatment of menorrhagia. Boston Scientific will present its latest innovations at booth 400 in the Exhibition Hall.
U.S. law restricts these medical devices to sale by or on the order of a physician.
The AAGL (American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists) vision is to serve women by advancing the safest and most efficacious diagnostic and therapeutic techniques that provide less-invasive treatments for gynecologic conditions through the integration of clinical practice, research, innovation, and dialogue. For more information, please visit http://www.aagl.org/index.php.
About Boston Scientific
Boston Scientific is a worldwide developer, manufacturer and marketer of medical devices whose products are used in a broad range of interventional medical specialties. For more information, please visit: www.bostonscientific.com.
Cautionary Statement Regarding Forward-Looking Statements
This press release contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. Forward-looking statements may be identified by words like "anticipate," "expect," "project," "believe," "plan," "estimate," "intend" and similar words. These forward-looking statements are based on our beliefs, assumptions and estimates using information available to us at the time and are not intended to be guarantees of future events or performance. These forward-looking statements include, among other things, statements regarding product performance, clinical trials and physician education. If our underlying assumptions turn out to be incorrect, or if certain risks or uncertainties materialize, actual results could vary materially from the expectations and projections expressed or implied by our forward-looking statements. These factors, in some cases, have affected and in the future (together with other factors) could affect our ability to implement our business strategy and may cause actual results to differ materially from those contemplated by the statements expressed in this press release. As a result, readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on any of our forward-looking statements.
Factors that may cause such differences include, among other things: future economic, competitive, reimbursement and regulatory conditions; new product introductions; demographic trends; intellectual property; litigation; financial market conditions; and, future business decisions made by us and our competitors. All of these factors are difficult or impossible to predict accurately and many of them are beyond our control. For a further list and description of these and other important risks and uncertainties that may affect our future operations, see Part I, Item 1A - Risk Factors in our most recent Annual Report on Form 10-K filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission, which we may update in Part II, Item 1A - Risk Factors in Quarterly Reports on Form 10-Q we have filed or will file hereafter. We disclaim any intention or obligation to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statements to reflect any change in our expectations or in events, conditions, or circumstances on which those expectations may be based, or that may affect the likelihood that actual results will differ from those contained in the forward-looking statements. This cautionary statement is applicable to all forward-looking statements contained in this document.
CONTACT: Paul Donovan 508-650-8541 (office) 508-667-5165 (mobile) Media Relations Boston Scientific Corporation Larry Neumann 508-650-8696 (office) Investor Relations Boston Scientific Corporation
SOURCE: Boston Scientific Corporation
Web site: http://www.bostonscientific.com/